The NextGen Association for Postdocs and Graduate Students is a volunteer-driven organization and can’t run without the help of dedicated postdocs and graduate students like you!
The NextGen Association for Postdocs and Graduate Students is seeking nominations for co-chair positions to lead the Association. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, September 30. Both self-nominations and nominations of others are acceptable. The election will be held October 3-7 via an electronic ballot.
To nominate yourself or a colleague, please visit broad.io/NextGenNomination
Nominations will be collected until Friday, September 30, 2022.
If you’re interested in volunteering or would like to learn more about the association, join us at an upcoming meeting:
September 20, 12:00-1:00 p.m. in the Cascades Room
Association members work with the Office of Academic Affairs to brainstorm and plan professional development programs and social events for Broad’s community of academic trainees. In addition, chairs serve as representatives of the Broad trainee community with Broad administration and scientific leadership and the Greater Boston postdoc community.
What is expected of the chairs:
- Convene meetings of the Board to plan events and activities
- Serve as the face of the trainee community within Broad and external associations such as the Boston Postdoctoral Association
- Coordinate with the Office of Academic Affairs on the oversight of ongoing programs
The benefits of participating:
- Become actively involved in the community
- Meet new people while helping other trainees
- Make professional contacts and build your network
- Promote a specific issue or cause you care about
- Impact institutional policies
- Explore career opportunities
- Plan the events and programs you would want to attend
- Develop negotiating and planning skills
- Utilize professional skills creatively
- Exercise leadership
- Build self-confidence
- Have fun!
More information about the NextGen Association: