This is to remind you of the opportunity to present at the 2014 Postdoc/Grad Student seminar series. Seminars take place once per month and we are currently looking for speakers. We are actively seeking a presenter for the next seminar – Wednesday, July 16, 12:00 Noon. We invite you to present your work to your peers. Past speakers have come from labs and platforms all across the Broad Institute and partner institutions.
Benefits of giving a presentation
- Practice your public speaking in front of a supportive group
- Have the opportunity to have your talk videotaped for your eyes only and receive constructive feedback on your presentation technique
- Introduce your research to a new audience
- Receive useful feedback on your work from your peers in an informal atmosphere
- Good karma points!
Each talk is ~25 minutes and the audience is encouraged to ask questions during presentations.
Presentations of research in different stages of development are encouraged:
- Early stage projects in which the presenter is searching for suggestions on how to proceed.
- Ongoing research, in which a talk provides valuable discussion for research design issues.
- Research near completion
If interested in presenting or if you’d like more information, please email Angela Florentino.