2015 NextGen Association for Postdocs and Grad Students Chair Elections
Now’s your chance to get involved! The NextGen Association for Postdocs and Grad Students will be seeking nominations for two co-chair positions and two vice-chair positions to lead the Association. Nominations will be accepted beginning Tuesday, September 1 until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 18. Both self-nominations and nominations of others are acceptable.
To nominate yourself or a colleague, please email email@example.com.
The Association is open to all postdoctoral scholars and graduate students with a Broad Institute affiliation. If you would like to get involved and help lead the Association, please nominate yourself. Or you may nominate a postdoc or grad student colleague working here at the Broad whom you think would be a good candidate to help guide the Association (names of nominators will be kept confidential and we will ask the candidate if s/he is willing to run for election).
What is expected of the chairs:
- convene meetings of the Board to plan events and activities
- request volunteers to coordinate the planning and management of specific events and provide oversight
- coordinate with the Office of Academic Affairs on the oversight of ongoing programs
The benefits of participating include:
- planning the events that you would want to attend
- building leadership skills
- meeting postdocs and grad students from outside your lab
- developing negotiating and planning skills
- serving the community
Upcoming NextGen Association planning meetings:
- Friday, September 4, 12:00-1:00, Cascades Room (11th Floor, 75 Ames)
- Tuesday, September 22, 12:00-1:00, Cascades Room (11th Floor, 75 Ames)