Now’s your chance to get involved! The NextGen Association for Postdocs and Grad Students will be seeking nominations for two co-chair positions and two vice-chair positions to lead the Association. Nominations will be accepted beginning Tuesday, September 1 until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 18. Both self-nominations and nominations of others are acceptable.
To nominate yourself or a colleague, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Association is open to all postdoctoral scholars and graduate students with a Broad Institute affiliation. If you would like to get involved and help lead the Association, please nominate yourself. Or you may nominate a postdoc or grad student colleague working here at the Broad whom you think would be a good candidate to help guide the Association (names of nominators will be kept confidential and we will ask the candidate if s/he is willing to run for election).
What is expected of the chairs:
- convene meetings of the Board to plan events and activities
- request volunteers to coordinate the planning and management of specific events and provide oversight
- coordinate with the Office of Academic Affairs on the oversight of ongoing programs
The benefits of participating include:
- planning the events that you would want to attend
- building leadership skills
- meeting postdocs and grad students from outside your lab
- developing negotiating and planning skills
- serving the community
Upcoming NextGen Association planning meetings:
- Friday, September 4, 12:00-1:00, Cascades Room (11th Floor, 75 Ames)
- Tuesday, September 22, 12:00-1:00, Cascades Room (11th Floor, 75 Ames)