The NextGen Association for Postdocs and Graduate Students is a volunteer-driven organization and can’t run without the help of dedicated postdocs and graduate students like you!
Now’s your chance to get involved! The NextGen Association for Postdocs and Grad Students is seeking nominations for two co-chair positions and two vice-chair positions to lead the Association. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, September 16, 2016. Both self-nominations and nominations of others are acceptable. The election will be held during National Postdoc Appreciation Week, September 19-23, 2016.
To nominate yourself or a colleague, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Association members work with the Office of Academic Affairs to brainstorm and plan professional development programs and social events for Broad’s community of academic trainees. In addition, chairs serve as representatives of the Broad trainee community with Broad administration and scientific leadership and the Greater Boston postdoc community.
What is expected of the chairs:
- Convene meetings of the Board to plan events and activities
- Serve as the face of the trainee community at Broad
- Coordinate with the Office of Academic Affairs on the oversight of ongoing programs
The benefits of participating:
- Become actively involved in the community
- Meet new people
- Help other trainees
- Make professional contacts and build your network
- Promote a specific issue or cause
- Impact institutional policies
- Explore career opportunities
- Plan the events and programs you would want to attend
- Develop negotiating and planning skills
- Utilize professional skills creatively
- Exercise leadership
- Build self-confidence
- Have fun!
If you’re interested in volunteering or would like to learn more attend an upcoming meetings:
- August 18, 2016, 12:00-1:00 p.m., Olympus Room (1st Floor, 415 Main Street)
- September 2, 2016, 12:00-1:00 p.m., Olympus Room (1st Floor, 415 Main Street)
Lunch will be served and no commitment necessary!